Tuesday, October 29, 2019

FAVE FACE MASKS


A couple of weeks ago I shared my current skincare routine, but I did not share my favorite face masks. At the time I truly felt like these babies deserved a post of their own. If there is one thing you should know about me is that I LOVE masking! It's honestly what I look forward to the most when doing my skincare. There is just something magical about the way your skin feels and looks after a good mask. Especially when I get compliments from Lawrence when he touches my face. 

Call me crazy, but on days that I have extra time, I do around 2-3 masks a day. I know it sounds excessive, but trust me, it feels so good. Now I don't do 3 harsh mask or anything. I make sure that on the days that I do more than one, that they all do different things. You definitely don't want to be stripping your skin, so if you are going to do more than one, please make sure they are all gentle on the skin. 

Hands down my favorite masks are clay masks. I have textured skin, my pores are LARGE, and I break out really easily. It also doesn't help that really enjoy caking on the makeup. Clay masks help "draw out the impurities and help to absorb excess oil" and of course my favorite part, it helps reduce the appearance of large pores. 

Even though I do prefer these masks over any other, you do need to be careful not to overdo it on the clay masks. It can really dry out your skin if used excessively. For that reason, I only use clay masks when I really and I mean REALLY cake on the makeup or if my skin needs a deep clean. If you want a more specific answer, I do a clay mask 1-2 times a week. I do, however, use a sleeping mask every other night and a brightening/tightening mask almost daily. 

The sleeping mask, in my opinion, is AMAZING and if you have not incorporated one into your routine, this is your sign to do it. A sleeping mask will lock in all of your serums, oils, and creams. It continues to hydrate and nourish your skin while you sleep. Honestly, its amazing all of the benefits, so look further into it if you are curious. 

I use a brightening and tightening mask because let's face it, I am getting older. I want my skin to stay plump and bright for as long as possible so I try to do these as often as I can! 

HERE ARE MY FAVES: 

Clay:
GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD® Activated Charcoal Treatment Mask.  This mask is my absolute favorite. It gives the skin a slight tingle, but it gets rid of EVERYTHING. This mask will help you shrink and clean the pores while clarifying your complexion.

FRESH Umbrian Clay Pore Purifying Face Mask. This clay mask is a little bit softer than the one from Glamglow. It is still amazing though! I usually use this one when my skin just needs a little pick me up and feels just a little dull. It claims to clean the skin and minimize pores/shine. I also use this one as a spot treatment for my more stubborn pimples. 

Sleeping Masks: 
GLOW RECIPE Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask. Please buy this! It's amazing, LOL. This overnight mask feels incredible on the skin and it smells delicious. I have gone through two jars of this, and if you own it, you know that means I use a lot. You need the tiniest bit and you are good to go. This mask is packed with hyaluronic acid and AHAs that help to gently exfoliate the skin and reduce pores. 

FRESH Rose Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask. I use this overnight mask on the days that my skin is feeling a little dry. It's an intensive hydrating mask that smells just like roses. If you love rose scented skincare and a dewy complexion this is the one for you!

Brightening/ Tightening:
GLAMGLOW FLASHMUD™ Brightening Treatment Mask I have used this mask for YEARS and its still one of my absolute favorite brightening masks. 

GLAMGLOW GRAVITYMUD™ Firming Treatment Mask. I know I share a lot of Glamglow masks but that's because they are the BEST. I love this firming mask and the fact that you can peel it off at the end makes it ten times better. It such a satisfying feeling! 

I also LOVE sheet masks. Here are my fave sheet masks in no specific order:
TATCHA Luminous Dewy Skin Sheet Mask - SUPER hydrating. I love to use this mask before applying my makeup. 

FARMACY Coconut Gel Sheet Mask - Brightening So good! this mask has purple broccoli which helps to brighten the skin. AMAZING!


I do have a ton of other masks I use. I am thankfully in a position where brands reach out to me to try out their skincare and I get to play with them and see what I like and don't like. These ones that I have shared are my MUST haves and the masks that I am consistently repurchasing. 



With that being said, HAPPY MASKING!

xx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© MILLENNIAL COLUMN | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig