Thursday, September 12, 2019

TWO MOODS


When it comes to dressing, I have two moods. I am either SUPER overdressed or just comfortable. My family will tell you I am not afraid to express myself with fashion. Seriously, sometimes I take my ideas a little too far, but that's just me. They love me for it. Lawrence secretly loves it too. Whenever I decide to tone things down a bit, he will nicely ask if something is wrong because he knows I love to overdo it. I am not talking about like sensual outfits or anything like that, not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just not my vibe. I am talking about wearing leather, and rhinestones, puff sleeves, crazy high heels, the more fashion-y the more me. You'll see soon enough. 
I always get questions on how I describe my fashion sense, and I honestly never really know how to answer that question. I think I can be girly, but edgy. As cliche as it sounds, in my head, I am Carrie Bradshaw. In Sex and The City 2, she wore these sparkly jeans with a flowy skirt around it and she accessorized her hair with this little tiara thing and OMG! I died, went to fashion heaven and came back. That is totally me! 

However, I do also enjoy comfort. There is nothing better than a BIG pair of sweatpants and a graphic tee. Especially if the sweatpants have been worn in for a couple years. It like they have already molded into you and the fit is just perfect! 

Recently, I have been playing a little bit more with the comfort/street style clothing I own and have tried to really get the hang of dressing super casual pieces up.

This past weekend my mom and I went shopping and I had her snap some pictures of me. My poor mother tried, she is not the best photographer I must admit. She just doesn't know my angles quite yet, but we are working on it. Anyways, I had her take pics of me out shopping and I actually really liked the fit I came up with. I wore an all-black cropped turtle neck, biker shorts, with an oversized denim jacket. Mind you, I live in Miami. The temperature is over 100 degrees, but this goes back to my "I'll do anything for fashion" mood. Yes, I was hot, but yes, I felt good. :) 

Over the weekend, I also went out to dinner and you can say, I overdressed just a bit. So I'll share that outfit with you guys too. A couple weeks back, I purchased some of the Stassi x Missguided pieces and I hadn't had that chance to wear them out.  


Turtle Neck Forever 21 | Biker Shorts Forever 21 | Oversized Denim Jacket from Fashion Nova | Shoes are Converse




Top: Missguided x Stassi | Croc Leather Pants: Missguided x Stassi | Shoes: Zara, very old, but here is a similar style HERE | Headband and Earrings: Asos they come together as one.


So, to finish this off, my question to you all is, Are you an overdresser or a comfort type of gal? Let me know. 

xx
Share:

1 comment

© MILLENNIAL COLUMN | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig