Thursday, September 19, 2019 / Miami, FL, USA

MY BIRTHDAY RECAP


For some weird reason, I was dreading my birthday this year. I think its finally hitting me, that thirty is right around the corner and OH EM GEE, that sounds scary. It's weird because I have never been overly emotional about turning a year older or anything really. I seriously NEVER cared about that stuff, but this birthday was a little different. All I kept thinking about is the movie 13 going on 30 "thirty and flirty and thriving". I am seriously being super dramatic, I only turned 28, but still, AH!

I feel like I should have certain aspects of my life in order by now, but I am so far from the "ideal" 28-year-old. Most women my age are married by now, with a child or two and I am not even engaged yet! and in all honesty, I am still trying to figure out what I want to spend the rest of my life doing. I feel like this is another topic we can totally get in to in another post. 

This year for my birthday I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Like I said, I was not excited about it. I first wanted to spend my day in a water park, seriously? LOL, I still can't believe I almost planned that. I was having childhood withdrawals. This birthday was definitely hitting me hard. Then I decided that maybe I should spend my weekend partying on a boat. Again, WTH was I thinking? Now my early 20's wanted to party. 

I finally realized that for the past couple of years my birthday has landed on a weekday, and THIS birthday landed on a Saturday. I decided to act my age (finally), and throw a family bbq. It was the best decision I ever made. I felt so much love! Every single person I invited showed up and boy did that feel amazing. I got to spend my birthday with all my grandparents, including my GREAT grandmother. Just having her there with me, made my day 1000xs better. 

I had so much anxiety going into it and this day exceeded all my expectations. Having everyone come out to celebrate me and my life was ALL that I needed. I felt so much peace and for the first time in a long time, I felt like I was at the right place at the right time surrounded by the people I care the most about. AMAZING!

I also had so much fun decorating. A couple weeks back I learned how to do a balloon garland and had been trying to find the perfect excuse to put my newly learned skills to the test. I picked up my kit from amazon and went to work. It took me a couple hours to create, but everyone loved it. It seriously made the ambiance. I even got a couple of family friends interested in hiring me and my skills for parties. HA. 

As I was looking through my camera roll, I realized I was so busy that I did not stop to snap pictures. I tried to vlog as much as I could, which you can check that out HERE. Also, below I am sharing some pictures of my garland wall and a cute pic with my Abuelita. 

Needless to say, I am so thankful for everyone who came out. For my incredible mother who helped me get my house ready. my amazing mother in law who did all the cooking,  Lawrence for always supporting my last-minute ideas and thankful for YOU! You guys overwhelmed me with birthday messages and love I sometimes don't think I deserve. THANK YOU! and cheers to another year younger ;)

MY OUTFIT DETAILS:

Dress: Fashion Nova | Shoes: Miss Lola

 PICTURES FROM THE DAY:

My great grandmother, who will soon turn 90!

Flowers from mommy, sister, and niece.


Garland wall before and after balloons. I wish I snapped a picture in the daylight. It looked beautiful with the sun shining in. 


If your birthday is coming up, let me know how you plan to spend it :)

xx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© MILLENNIAL COLUMN | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig