Thursday, September 26, 2019 / Miami, FL, USA

10 GOALS FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER



HOLY SHIT where has the year gone?! Seriously, people say time flies when you are having fun, but honestly, time flies when you are stressed and trying to stay alive, LOL. Here I go again with the drama. Lawrence and I were talking about this exact topic the other night and we both came to the conclusion that time needs to slow down just a bit. I need a minute to catch my breath. The year is over in less than three months! That is wild. 

I believe I have talked about this topic on some of my past YouTube Vlogs, but the past couple of months I have been doing a lot of soul-searching and trying to find myself again. For a minute there, I didn't even know what my favorite color was anymore. See, I am the type of person, that puts others needs in front of my own, so for a while, my needs took a little bit of a backseat because people in my life needed me more than I needed myself. At least that's what I convinced myself of. It's taken A LOT from me to start to put myself first again. Slowly, but surely I am making progress every day. 

I started taking care of my needs again by coming up with goals for myself for the month as well as doing the things I enjoy. It can be something as simple as going to target and buying a book I have been eager to read or skipping out on making dinner and buying my favorite sushi. As simple as those two things sound, when you lose yourself, even browsing through the target bookshelves can be challenging because you simply don't know who you are or what you enjoy anymore. 

I can say I am in a place where I feel connected again with my soul and happy with who I am. If you are interested I can open up about my struggles with saying NO to people and how I got to where I am on today when it comes to my confidence and self-worth.  Let me know babe! 

For today though, I want to share my top 10 goals for the month of October. Some are small, some are bigger, some are silly and some are more serious. Needless to say, setting these goals for myself, help me to stay on track and when I achieve them, it brings me a little joy. I encourage you all to sit down and set some REALISTIC, short term goals for the month and see the magic unfold. 

GOALS FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER 2019:

1. Get my iron level up and stay consistent with my vitamins. Seriously, this is something I desperately need to work on. I am HORRIBLE at taking my vitamins. I am anemic, so staying on my vitamin regimen is a must. For that reason, I have created reminders on my phone to help me get into the habit. 

2. Lose 10lbs. I know, SUPER cliche, but I need to stop eating and get to work. I have gained about 15lbs the past 2 months and it's starting to bring me down a bit. I want to start planning for a wedding and babies, and this weight gain is just not invited to be part of the celebrations.

3. Reach 20k on Instagram and 88k on YouTube. This is more of a professional goal, but I am so close to 20k and 90k, that it would be nice to reach that by the end of the month. SHARE, SHARE, SHARE. 

4. Make the bed in the mornings. Okay, I did say some were going to be silly, but seriously neither Lawrence or I make the bed in the mornings. We, actually, I make the bed when I get home from work, but I've heard that making the bed in the mornings can actually "transform your life". For that reason, I am going to give it a try and make a conscious effort to make my bed every morning. 

5. Set a work schedule. This is something else that I need to work on. At this very moment, I am currently working over 16+ hours a day. I LOVE what I do. It's really hard to get me to stop working because I love it so much. However, many nights Lawrence is going to bed alone and I am extremely exhausted the next morning. So I am coming up with a schedule that allows me to do what I love and allows me to be present during certain moments. 

6. Learn to a new recipe. I specifically want to learn how to make Cuban black beans. We eat this all the time and I still don't know how to make them. My mom actually comes over and freezes them for me, but it would be nice to learn ;)

7. Have a girls night. This month I really want to get all of my friends together and go out for some drinks. It's LONG overdue. 

8. Finish my gallery wall. I have been trying to do this since we bought the house and every month something comes up, and I don't get it done. THIS month I will dedicate my time and GET.IT.DONE!

9. Wake up earlier. I snooze my alarm about 5 times before I finally get up and then I am rushing because I am going to be late. I want to start waking up earlier so that my day starts a bit less chaotic. 

10. Reduce eating out ONCE a week. Now this one is HARD! We eat out around 3 to 4 times a week. In all honesty, sometimes its easier and more convenient to pick something up than to cook it (as I type this, I am eating chipotle!) but we want to not only be more conscious on the foods we are putting into our bodies but also it can be SUPER expensive. 

SHOP MY OUTFIT:


Bodysuit: Missguided | Shorts: Missguided | Shoes: Miss Lola | BackPack: Asos


Let me know your goals for the months, and what you plan to do in order to achieve them!

xx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© MILLENNIAL COLUMN | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig