Tuesday, May 14, 2019

EVERYDAY HAIR WAVES


For the longest time, I have struggled to try to find a curling technique for shorter hair that would make me feel comfortable and beautiful. Although it might seem like I really enjoy having short hair, which I do sometimes, I actually don't. If you haven't been following my hair journey on my IG or Youtube, then you probably don't know that going shorter on the hair, as much as I tried to convince myself it was, it wasn't a choice. It was more of like a have to or your hair will look ugly and damaged for life! Oh, the drama!!

Seriously though, that's exactly how I felt. Long story short for those who need to catch up,  I had tried going blonde and I got a shitty job done. Not only did that ruin my hair, but it completely devastated my self-esteem for a bit. I have always had long hair, and this short style has been something new for me. I do think short hair looks beautiful on certain people, but you see, my face is really round. I feel like with a round face and short hair I look like Maximus Farquaad from Shrek. Look it up!

Thankfully I am in a place with my hair, that I have learned to love it again and I actually look forward to washing and styling it. For months, I have been rocking a straight sleek style, but recently I have been playing around with some curling techniques and I have found one that I absolutely love. It's more of like a nice soft wave, with a little bounce. It looks super girly and fab. Check it out and let me know what you think!






PRODUCTS USED:
- T3 Cura Hair Dryer
T3 Professional Smooth Paddle Brush
- T3 Styling Wand ( only the wand I used HERE)
Kristin Ess Refine Signature Finishing Spray


SHOP THE POST!





STEPS:


- Step 1: Wash hair with your favorite shampoo and conditioner. I have been using THIS and love it.

- Step 2: Let hair partially dry. You want your hair to be wet, but not soaking. 

- Step 3: Blow dry hair. I like to blow dry my hair using a paddle brush. It leaves my hair super sleek and frizz free. However, towards the end make sure to run your fingers through the hair to make sure it is nice and dry.

- Step 4: Curl your hair away from your face. I prefer to curl away from my face because again my face is rounder and it just looks 10xs better.

- Step 5: Wrap hair around the curler once, then twist and smooth the ends.

- Step 6: Set the curls using hairspray. I like to use a hairspray that is not super strong so that the hair is still manageable.

- Step 7: Softly brush out hair. This will make the curls separate and give you more of that messy, bouncy look.

- Step 8: More hairspray. This will lock everything into place and it will make your hairstyle last for days! 


CLICK BELOW FOR A VIDEO TUTORIAL


HAPPY CURLING!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© MILLENNIAL COLUMN | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig