Friday, May 10, 2019

MY CLEANING ROUTINE


For the longest time, I have wanted to share my cleaning routine. I wanted to do like a "spring cleaning" type thing, but I feel like here in Florida we skip spring and go straight into summer so in my mind spring is not even a season here. I must say, this year we did have some pretty spring-ish weather, whatever that means, so I am pretty happy about it. 

I really don't consider this a "cleaning routine" like a deep spring cleaning because on this particular day I did not have much deep cleaning to do. It was more of like that once a month, I need to put things back into place type of cleaning.  Not trying to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT! My house does tend to stay pretty organized. Its just Lawrence and I and for the most part I am pretty good at picking up after the both of us. I don't consider myself a neat freak per se, but I also don't think I am a slob. I am more of like in the middle, depending on what day/mood you catch me in so I basically just kinda needed to put things where they go and just dust off some furniture and things like that. 

If you are wondering, of course, I have a method. I mean what kind of person do you think I am? After all, I am a Virgo woman, if you believe in that kind of thing. I function best when I have a plan and a list to follow. So like everything else in my life, I have a "method"/cleaning list, and ways I like to clean my home.

I also don't use super fancy or expensive cleaning supplies. To me, that is a waste of money and after countless attempts at trying to find the best ones, I always go back to what I know works. It also doesn't help that Lawrence works in construction, so we need the heavy-duty stuff. However, if you guys know of any good all-natural cleaning supplies that work, let me know in the comments!



MY CLEANING SUPPLIES:
- Windex: I love this one with Vinegar especially for the mirrors and glass doors. The vinegar disinfects and it does not leave the mirrors streaky. 
- Clorox Spray: I LOVE LOVE this stuff. I use it so much, Lawrence hates it. I work with children and I know how quickly bacteria spreads, so Clorox is my bestie. I use this for the bathrooms and kitchen.  
- Wood Cleaner: My dining room table, master bedroom furniture, and coffee table are real wood. For the longest time, I had no idea I needed to buy a specific cleaning product for the wood. Thankfully my mother in law introduces me to this product and I love how shiny it makes the wood look. Another fave. 
- Magic Erasers: I have white matte tile all over my house, so any little drop of water or wine stains my floor. This is the only product I have found that removes all stains.
- Fabuloso: This is totally a Hispanic product, but the BEST floor cleaner and it smells delicious.

CLEANING METHOD:
My method goes as follows. Keep in mind, this is not for deep cleaning, this is more for like a weekly clean. If you want more of a deep clean, let me know because I can totally do a post on that as well.
- Start at the back of the house. I like to start at the back and slowly move my way towards the front.
- Put everything in its place. I like to put everything where it is supposed to go. Pick up clothes from the closet floor and fix any clothing pieces that might be sticking out of the drawers. Don't forget to also clean out the fridge.
- Dust of furniture. Once everything is in its place, I like to dust/clean any big furniture piece. This also includes toilettes and showers. In the kitchen, I dust off cabinets and self clean the oven.
- Broom and clean floors. At this point I like to broom FIRST, then sometimes I vacuum, this depends on how much hair I lost that week (LOL) and then I finish by moping the floors.
- Turn on candles and oil diffusers. My house is not completely clean without smelling delicious. So I turn on all my candles.

* Check out this video to watch me clean!*

Overwhelmed much? Don't worry you got this!xx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© MILLENNIAL COLUMN | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig