Tuesday, November 12, 2019

10 FACTS ABOUT ME



So you have been reading this blog for a couple months now, but I feel like we need to dig deeper and really get to know one another a little better. I love sharing my advice and thoughts on here. This little blog has truly become my creative outlet. I can talk to you guys about pretty much anything and I LOVE THAT!  I look forward to writing my thoughts away and really connecting with you all through words. To this day I have not missed a post and that says a lot, LOL.

For that reason today I wanted to share a little bit more about myself. I have come up with 10 facts about me to hopefully have you guys get to know me a little bit better. SO, here we go: 

1. I am 5'1. I get this particular question asked a lot. For some reason, you guys think I am a lot taller than I actually am or sometimes a lot shorter. I am curvy, but a petite little mama. I think a big part of the reason why so many of you want to know this is because we share the same body type and you can relate to my style and sometimes the angles of pictures can throw things off. 

2. I don't like the color purple. YUK! Just thinking about it, makes me feel some type of way. I know so many of you won't be able to relate because purple is a very popular color, but for some weird reason, purple brings me bad luck. Ever since I can remember, whenever I wore or owned something purple, weird things would happen to me. I have fallen, lost things, etc. It could all be in my head, but I stay far away from purple. I don't own anything purple, other than some eyeshadows (lolz) but I don't even wear those out in public out of fear tbh. 

3. I don't drink coffee. Somebody once told me, actually, a couple of people have told me that I cannot be trusted because I don't like coffee. I know they were totally kidding but it's weird, I KNOW! I simply don't like the taste or the way coffee makes me feel. I get really bad anxiety from caffeine so I try to stay away from it. 

4. I have a niece, not a daughter. So many of you think Sofia is my daughter, which is SUCH a compliment, but she is actually my goddaughter/niece. I do see her as my own because we have pretty much helped my sister raise her, and it also does not help that she looks like a mini version of me. However, she is my niece and I am seriously obsessed with her. 

5. I am a Cuban immigrant. I definitely need to do a separate post on this but I came to this country at the age of 6 as an illegal immigrant. I am a citizen now, but my story is pretty crazy. My mom, sister and I came to this country illegally and we almost lost our lives many times. Let me know if this is something you want to know more of, because I can totally do a storytime on my journey to the United States and why we did what we had to do. 

6. My favorite color is Orange. This one is a random one, haha but I feel like if you know my favorite color you know me, know me. Not many people know this about me, 1. because they never care to ask and 2. because everyone always assumes its like pink or yikes, PURPLE lol. I think it because I am super girly, but it's actually orange. I love the vibrancy and it looks amazing with my skin tone ;)

7. I am a Virgo. I love being a Virgo! For the longest time, I really didn't understand why I was the way that I am or why I did certain things in a different way than others and then I discovered the meanings behind my zodiac sign. Now, I am definitely not a textbook Virgo, but there are SO many things about me that I can relate to, it's crazy. 

8. I am a Special Ed Teacher. I love my job as a teacher. It is the most rewarding thing I have ever done. I mostly teach kids on the spectrum and they have changed my life tremendously. Now if we are being honest, I don't think I will be a teacher my whole life, but for now, I am enjoying it and my kids teach me something new every day.

9. I met my best friend when I was 2 years old. Now I am sure you are wondering how the heck? haha but it's my sister, DUH. My sister and I are only 14 months apart and I truly believe we have been sisters in previous lives as well. She gets me, she is my person. We can just look at each other and know exactly what the other one is thinking. Without her, I would be a completely different person right now. 

10. I love makeup. When I say I love makeup, what I mean is I eat, breath, sleep makeup! It's my main passion and what started my journey on social media. My goal is to one day have my own brand and I cannot wait for that day to come! Makeup has given me the confidence to not only be myself, but it has given me the opportunity to share my knowledge with women all over the world. I cannot wait to continue on this journey with you all and have you be a part of what is to come!

xx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© MILLENNIAL COLUMN | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig