Tuesday, October 8, 2019

HOW TO GET S*HIT DONE


Okay seriously, these are the kinds of things they need to teach us in schools. For the longest time, I struggled to find a routine or "method" to simplify my life in terms of getting s*it done. I am that person who buys a planner a year and never uses it or starts using it randomly in the middle of the year. It's not a good habit, especially if you like to bundle up and buy the stickers to match. I have wasted so much money on that is not even funny. 

I have come to realize that I am not really an advanced planner, I am more of like what feels right at the moment kinda girl, and unfortunately, that kind of mindset just doesn't work when you legit have ten thousand things to do in your to-do list. 

Let me paint a picture of what my schedule is CURRENTLY looking like. I am a full-time special ed teacher, full time "social media influencer", currently finishing my degree, freelance makeup artist,  currently on a weight loss journey, homeowner, girlfriend, psychologist to my mother during her mid-life crisis (love you, mom!) and at the same time trying to maintain a social life. There is a lot more I do, but I don't want to overwhelm you, ha.

If you can't already tell I always spread myself thin. I think I can do anything and then some, which leaves me really no time to myself (this is something I am working on). So, in order to have all of these things flow, I schedule pretty much EVERYTHING in my life. I schedule from the moment I wake up, to the moment I go to sleep and every day is different. This has been something that has been hard for me to get used to, since like I mentioned I am not a planner at all, but it is the most efficient way I have found that allows me to do everything I need to do. 

Here is my method and how I schedule my life: 

1. Planning: At the end of every month, I sit in front of my huge desk calendar and fill in any birthday parties, weddings or events I have coming up. I also do important appointments like nails, freelance makeup or any doctor visits. I plan out my videos and blog posts for the month as well. These change all the time! I can literally plan an everyday makeup tutorial and when that day comes if I feel like filming something else, I will change it. I write these in pencil so I can easily replace the ideas with new ones. 

2. YouTube and Blog Schedule: I upload Monday, Wednesday and Friday's to YouTube and I publish a blog post on Tuesday and Thursdays at 9 AM. Also, Monday,Wednesday, Friday, I film, Tuesday and Thursday are my editing and writing days. 

3. Morning to do list: Every morning I write down my to-do list for the day and leave on the fridge. As I do things I check them off until I am finished. I try to do everything before 9 PM then have quality time with Lawrence. 

4. Tuesday's: Tuesday's are my computer days. On this day after I am done with dinner and house chores, I write both blog posts as well as finish all of my homework for the week. Thank goodness for online schooling! I also answer emails on Tuesdays. 

5. House Chores: Monday's are laundry days, Thursdays are cleaning days. I sometimes start laundry on Sundays if we have nothing to do on that particular Sunday. When it comes to cleaning my mom is a HUGE help. She sometimes comes over and helps me, which I appreciate a TON. I also go grocery shopping on Sundays and I also do a menu for the week :)

6.  Me Time: I do my nails every other Wednesday at 4:15 and this is like my little alone time where I get to decompress. 


I know this is A LOT of information and I am sure I am missing a couple things so let me give you an example of what a typical day looks for me. 

Monday:
Workout - 6 AM (fasted cardio)
*don't forget to take out meat to defrost*
Work - 8:20-3:20 (try to answer emails during free time)
Pick Up - 3:40 - 4 pm (pick up the house if anything stayed out of place in the morning and start loading the laundry)
Make and Eat Dinner - 4 pm - 5 pm ( I usually plan my meals in advance. It's easy and convenient!)
Film For YouTube - 6-8 pm ( the time on this varies. Some videos are easier some are harder)
HITT Workout - 8 pm to 9 pm ( I either do the Sweat App or my current fitness Challenge workout) 
* DON'T FORGET TO TAKE OUT LAUNDRY every 90 mins)* I usually set a reminder to take everything out from the washer and dryer. 

Every day is different for me, but that can give you an idea. Let me know what you do in order to get s*it done. I would love to hear your ideas and maybe I can even come up with an easier way to handle everything. 

xx


Share:

1 comment

  1. I've done the same thing with buying pretty calendars and stickers. I start off super excited about it write down everyone's bday. My ideas for my YouTube videos appts and so on. I usually get to March and I loose interest �� ( I'm so annoying) In order for me to follow through with my tasks I have to make them part of a routine. Example: Working out, I have to get up at 4:30 AM to go to the gym. Yes I can go at anytime of the day because I'm a stay at home mom but if I don't go 1st thing in the AM it's just not happening. Something will always come up and all of a sudden this something will be more important to me then my work out. If I break my night routine and go to sleep late I still have to get up and go to the gym if not it's just not happening. So I'm forced to follow my routine. The same goes with what I eat and when I stop eating. Every once in awhile I do break my routine but for the most part it's still my main routine. If I let myself just " live" I loose total control ����‍♀️...I hope this made sense. This is what's currently working for me because the calendars and stickers were always laughing at me. Actually I think they're still laughing at me.

    ReplyDelete

© MILLENNIAL COLUMN | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig